New Beginnings, the next normal for female entrepreneurs!
To celebrate women’s month, MESH Club together with select industry partners, is giving a once-in-a-lifetime business incubation opportunity, valued at one million rand, to one female-owned enterprise to assist in providing growth, exposure and development.
An Economic Snapshot
According to a new World Bank economic report for South Africa, young entrepreneurs are one of the country’s best hopes for resolving the country’s job issue, which has been worsened by the global pandemic of COVID-19 in a climate of slowed economic growth.
The report claims that if South Africa could match its neighbours’ self-employment rates, unemployment rates might be cut in half. Self-employment accounts for barely 10% of all jobs in South Africa, compared to 30% in most upper middle-income nations like Turkey, Mexico, and Brazil.
An emerging start-up sector in South Africa could help close this gap, as could policies that preserve macroeconomic stability, revitalize the job market, and improve the investment climate to build a more inclusive economy after the pandemic.
According to the Economic Update, South Africa’s growth will rebound to 4% in 2021, the fastest rate in over a decade, following a 7% contraction last year. However, the medium-term prospects for faster and more inclusive growth remain limited. Growth will slow to 2.1 % in 2022 and 1.5 % in 2023, according to forecasts.
“We believe that entrepreneurs will rebuild the economy.”- Katie Coetzee, MESH Club Marketing Manager and Founder of LUME Agency
The MESH Members Club is a common place for uncommon people to work, stay, play, meet and socialise. MESH is a community of movers, shakers and changemakers collaborating while working in a space that lends itself to growth, development and inspiration. The community are true believers in your network is your net worth.
The Nitty Gritty
Entrants will need to complete an application online, fulfilling certain criteria to be eligible to win.
Numero uno, you must be female, as this opportunity is aimed at stimulating and inspiring female entrepreneurs.
Your business or enterprise must be operational for three years or more. The founder of the business needs to be over the age of 30 and have a management team of up to five personnel. The business also needs to be operational in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Applications from the following industries will be considered:
– Interior Design / Architecture – Branding / Design
– Accounting / Finance
– Tech / IT
– Private Equity / Investment
All entrants will be required to provide a business plan and presentation on your business.
The Judging Process
Entries to the competition will close on 31 August 2021. 50 entrants will be shortlisted and announced on 7 September 2021.
Of these 50 entrants there will be 20 finalists selected to go into the final phase of judging between the 8th – 16th September 2021.
5 finalists will be invited to present their business to the judging panel on 30 September 2021. All entrants must be available to attend the event and be available for press interviews that evening. The winner will be announced at the event.
Introducing the judges:
Mbali Ndhlovu – Social Entrepreneur
Kobus Van Zyl – General Manager of MESH Club
Katie Coetzee – Marketing Manager of MESH Club and Founder of LUME Agency
Kgomotso Kgatle – Marketing and Brand Manager at The Star
Mica Newman – Future Females Johannesburg
The Grand Prize
Total prize value: R 1 321 490.00
● Private, serviced and furnished office for 3 months.
● Desk, chairs, art, personalized soft furnishings in your office.
● Cleaning staff and products.
● Cleaning consumables for covid 19 in offices (sanitizers and
● Access to the MESH app.
● Company name on office.
● Handling of courier services.
● Generator for uninterrupted work hours.
● Water, rates and lights in your workspace.
● IT Support.
● Printer and office services.
● Complimentary access to reciprocal venues in South Africa.
● Access to over 20 international Members Clubs globally.
● Discounted accommodation in Cape Town.
● A PR campaign to profile the business and brand.
● A media and industry launch for 50 guests.
● A social media audit.
● A corporate Identity audit and overhaul and rebrand.
● An 18-week social media campaign run by our partner agency. ● A vodcast interview.
● A new website.
● 3 months membership with Future Females Founders Club with access to seminars, skills development opportunities within the Future Females network.
● Professional photography of the owner, team and offering.
● Financial services and consulting for 3 months.
● 3 Month Membership at MESH Club for all team members, including all member benefits and venue facilities.
● Growth consulting for 3 months.
● Business Cards.
● CRM setup and training.
● Access to all networking events at MESH.
● Strategy consulting for 3 months.
MESH Club and partners are thrilled to be on the journey to find Joburg’s finest female entrepreneurial talent. Call your mothers, sisters and friends involved! Start your new beginning today.